flag flag flag flag flag
Apostolova Law Office
About us Services


Borislava Apostolova

Partner, acquired LL.M degree in law at VTU “St.St Cyril and Methodi” University (2000); LL.M degree in EU law at “Humboldt-Universitatet”-Berlin, Germany; from 2004 up to now attorney at law, practicing mainly in the areas Civil Law-  Banking law, Real Estate Law, Commercial Law, Law of EU, Personal data protection etc.

About us


“Аpostolova”Law office is a leading and fast growing law practice, located in Sofia, Bulgaria, established in 2005 by partners with serious professional background, and currently offering a comprehensive range of legal services to our corporate and individual clients in all areas of Civil, Corporate, Real Estate Law.

More about us

Recent articles

26 Feb
Declaration under Art.63, Para 4 of the Measures for Washing of Money Act More details

We advise you to consult a lawyer whenever you have a legal problem, you are about to conclude a contract or you have doubts about the violation of your rights. Consulting a lawyer would save you time, money and future problems with institutions and / or third parties. Let the consultation with a lawyer be a preventive measure that will not only solve the problem, but also help us not to meet one at all.

You can use our online inquiry form, and depending on the situation we can consult you online or make an appointment at our office. We offer flexible consulting solutions.


The answer to this question depends on the type of real estate that will be sold, but in general the following list of necessary documents can be made:

1. Property ownership document - the last ownership document. For the purposes of the transaction and reference for real encumbrances, the previous ownership documents will be required - at least 10 years ago; Most often such a document can be a notary deed, a contract of sale concluded under the Ordinance on State Property, a contract of sale concluded under the Municipal Property Act and the State Property of State or Municipal Property Act.

2. Certificate for tax assessment of the property - issued by the relevant tax office at the location of the property. In the tax assessment the address of the property must be identical with the address of the property under a notary deed, otherwise a certificate of identity of addresses is issued by the respective region. In addition, property taxes must be cleared.

3. Certificate of marital status of the seller (sellers), which shows what was the marital status of the owner (co-owners) at the date of acquisition of the property. The certificate is issued by the ESGRAON service at the address registration area.

4. Scheme of the property when land is transferred (land property, yard or part of the yard on which the property / apartment is built). It is issued by the technical service of the region at the location of the property and is valid for 6 months. Where the cadastre is entered, a cadastral map of the property should be obtained from the relevant cadastre office.

5. Certificate for encumbrances on the property - issued by the Registry Agency, all ownership documents are attached - from the first notarial deed to the last, in case of inheritance - and certificates for heirs. If the property has land or an ideal part of land, a  scheme  of the property is attached.

6. Identity document, other documents, individualizing the buyer and the seller (identity cards, certificates of current status, in case the party to the transaction is a legal entity - decision of the relevant competent authority)

7. When a property is transferred to a newly built building - relevant documents from the builder / investor - construction permit, architectural design and distribution of areas, Permission for use - Act, form 16 and others.

8. Other documents depending on the specifics of the transaction, such as a certificate of heirs, if the property is hereditary, power of attorney, if the seller is not present in person at the transaction, if he has an established right to use the property - proof that he has waived this right etc.

Given the variety of possible options, it is recommended that the documents of both parties to the transaction be duly verified by a lawyer.

The answer to this question cannot be unambiguous and short. Please read our blog article for more information.

View all